Why Everyone’s Fighting Over AI (feat. former Google CEO)
AI is right here. … Okay, now what?
Signal as much as Milanote without cost with no time-limit: https://milanote.com/cleoabram
Subscribe to help optimistic tech journalism: https://www.youtube.com/cleoabram?sub_confirmation=1
Everybody’s speaking about synthetic intelligence and machine studying. There are many names thrown round – OpenAI’s ChatGPT and DALLE-2, Google’s Bard, Meta’s LLaMa 2, Midjourney, AlphaFold…
Proper now, we’re on this bizarre second the place a lot of sensible individuals agree we’re on the cusp of a very world-changing know-how. However some appear to be saying it is going to result in human extinction whereas others are saying it’s “extra profound than fireplace.”
Nevertheless it all feels so VAGUE.
I need to know: How particularly would AI kill me? Or completely remodel my life for the higher? On this video, that’s what I’m going to attempt to study. We dive into what essentially the most excessive dangerous and good AI futures truly appear like, so that you just and I can prepare. And extra importantly, so we will be sure that we get our actual future RIGHT.
00:00 Why is AI so complicated?
1:13 What’s AI?
2:37 Why is everybody speaking about AI now?
4:13 Thanks Milanote!
5:12 Why is AI harmful?
6:22 How would AI kill me?
8:08 Ought to we pause AI?
9:12 Why can we WANT AI?
10:30 What has AI already accomplished?
11:27 Why is AI so onerous to speak about?
You will discover me on TikTok right here for brief, enjoyable tech explainers: https://www.tiktok.com/@cleoabram
You will discover me on Instagram right here for extra private tales: https://www.instagram.com/cleoabram
You will discover me on Twitter right here for ideas, threads and curated information: https://twitter.com/cleoabram
Cleo Abram is an Emmy-nominated unbiased video journalist. On her present, Enormous If True, Cleo explores complicated know-how subjects with rigor and optimism, serving to her viewers perceive the world round them and see optimistic futures they will help construct. Earlier than going unbiased, Cleo was a video producer for Vox. She wrote and directed the Coding and Diamonds episodes of Vox’s Netflix present, Defined. She produced movies for Vox’s in style YouTube channel, was the host and senior producer of Vox’s first ever every day present, Answered, and was co-host and producer of Vox’s YouTube Originals present, Glad You Requested.
Further studying and watching:
– Assertion on AI Threat: https://www.protected.ai/statement-on-ai-risk
– AI and compute, by OpenAI: https://openai.com/analysis/ai-and-compute
– Mythbusters Demo: CPU v. GPU https://youtu.be/-P28LKWTzrI
– 2022 Skilled Survey on Progress in AI https://aiimpacts.org/2022-expert-survey-on-progress-in-ai/
– Introduction to protein folding for physicists https://core.ac.uk/obtain/pdf/36046451.pdf
– AlphaFold reveals the construction of the protein universe, By DeepMind https://www.deepmind.com/weblog/alphafold-reveals-the-structure-of-the-protein-universe
– However what’s a neural community? By 3Blue1Brown https://youtu.be/aircAruvnKk
– How Far is Too Far? The Age of AI https://youtu.be/UwsrzCVZAb8
– Synthetic Intelligence, by Final Week Tonight with John Oliver https://youtu.be/Sqa8Zo2XWc4
– The AI revolution: Google’s builders on the way forward for synthetic intelligence, by 60 Minutes https://youtu.be/880TBXMuzmk
– How sensible is at this time’s synthetic intelligence? By Joss Fong (2017) https://youtu.be/IJKjMIU55pE
Gear I take advantage of:
Digicam: Sony A7SIII
Lens: Sony 16–35 mm F2.8 GM and 35mm prime
Audio: Sennheiser SK AVX
Comply with alongside for extra episodes of Enormous If True: https://www.youtube.com/cleoabram?sub_confirmation=1
Welcome to the joke down low:
This time, I requested GPT4 for an AI associated joke. They have been largely TERRIBLE. Like:
“Why do not AIs play disguise and search?”
“They at all times discover you in 0.001 seconds!”
Lastly, it gave me:
“Why did the AI go to the fitness center?”
“It needed to work on its ‘coaching set’!”
Use the phrase “coaching” in a remark to let me know you learn to the tip 🙂