Justin Welsh: The $2.5m Solo-Business System
Step 6: Create a content material system
Figuring out your area of interest and being good at fixing issues is only one piece of the pie.
A one-person enterprise is generally about advertising. In Justin’s world, advertising = content material.
Meaning making content material from LinkedIn and Twitter. Each. Single. Day. With out failure.
Content material is a grind. It takes numerous hours to analysis. Numerous hours to write down. Numerous hours to edit. Numerous hours to refine. The grind by no means stops.
That’s why you want processes and methods to constantly make as a lot high-quality content material as you’ll be able to.
Justin is a grasp of content material methods. On this part, I’ll stroll you thru 3 of Justin’s confirmed methods for (1) ideating, (2) making content material and (3) driving visitors to your merchandise.
1. The ideation system
It’s simpler to write down content material when you might have lots of concepts.
Justin makes use of an concept known as the ‘Content material Matrix’ to brainstorm a whole bunch of content material concepts in a single fast blast.
The matrix is basically a spreadsheet with two components.
- Themes (on the left column)
- Types (on high row)
These are all of the subjects associated to your area of interest.
For instance, potential themes for social media managers embrace:
- Social media platforms and instruments
- Content material scheduling
- Social media technique
- Engagement metrics
- Automated postings
- Viral content material ideas
What are the issues which are associated to your particular specialty?
These are the kinds and constructions of content material that you should use.
For instance, listed here are 8 frequent kinds that I take advantage of:
- X vs Y: Evaluating two issues
- Listicle: Listed factors, i.e. ‘5 greatest methods…’
- Statement: Merely making an commentary
- Motivational: Motivation associated to your area of interest
- Actionable: Educate folks how you can do one thing
- Analytical: Break one thing down into the information
- Contrarian: Say one thing that’s in opposition to the grain
- Current vs Future: Means we do one thing right now vs future
Right here’s what the Content material Matrix would possibly appear to be for Justin: